Wednesday 4 September 2013

What is SEO and how can an SEO company optimize MY business


What is SEO and how can an SEO company optimize MY business?

I have always been one to consider myself quite tech savvy. I by no means mean that I’m going to be the next Steve Jobs, but I understand more than the basics when it comes to the internet. Like every other modern-day internet user, Google has come to the rescue on more than one occasion. Whether it’s helping in deciding what to cook for dinner that evening or helping you find the nearest garage to fix that now burst tire, Google seems to have become a lifeline that we’ve all become accustomed too.

What is SEO?However, amidst all my quick fix browsing, I never stepped back to wonder how exactly those 3 simple words that I type in bring up the exact results that I was looking for. Well, this is where my research started. Search engines apparently use algorithms to determine the pages displayed in their search results. In lay man’s terms, what that means is that a search engine looks at your query and searches through all its pages to see which page is most relevant and ranks them accordingly. There are certain features that each website must contain in order to achieve a higher ranking.

SEO is a mechanism by which your website is made search engine friendly. For the ordinary business owner (and the now apparently not so tech savvy plain Jane like me) SEO is a foreign concept that was not even considered when designing our websites.

So what is SEOSEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This is where an SEO company comes into play. An SEO company makes your website search engine friendly so that you get higher rankings when a search engine looks for results and this will result in your website pages being presented to consumers.

So it is really that easy; by SEO’ing your website, your business ranks higher and in turn makes you more money. Sounds great but more of a “sit back and relax” then “divulge into it yourself” person?! – Then contact Ipcoweb to find out more. There’s no need to be tech savvy, just a simple mindset change to lateral thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment